Homeschooling Isn't About Doing School at Home


I remember years ago when I first started homeschooling my children. I had to have the best curriculum and set school hours in the morning.  I even created a homeschool room with academic posters all over the walls and a whiteboard.


Over the past 6 years I've realized homeschooling isn't about doing school at home. It isn't about the curriculum. It isn't about the test scores. It isn't about creating the perfect learning environment. 

I recently heard a wonderful quote by Sally Clarkson that said, "The God who created atoms and seasons and science and music is the God who created my children."

Think about that.

Think about the vast potential of your children.

He wonderfully created each one of your children with their own interests, talents, abilities and purpose.

I want to do more than just follow a curriculum and do well on tests. I want to inspire a love of learning. I want inspire and motivate them to learn and follow God's purpose for each of their lives. I want to watch each of them grow into the person God created them to be. I want to do life with them and learn right next to them.
The good thing is I don't have to do it all. There's no way I could do it all. I'm here to inspire and motivate, but God is doing the hard work. I'm trusting Him and following His lead and watching Him work. It's an amazing thing to watch.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
Psalms 139:14

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
Colossians 1:15‭-‬16

#homeschool #homeschoollife #blessed

Comments

Popular Posts