Children are a Blessing, Not a Burden


Children are a blessing.

How has our society come to such a terrible place that they reject children as blessings and view them as a burden?


I was sitting down with my children at a restaurant recently, and someone actually said to me, "I feel sorry for you. I'd have stopped at 2." 😳😳😳 My children were right there! They weren't even misbehaving y'all. They were all smiling and giggling, enjoying their ice cream cones. I was in such shock that I didn't know what to say and turned around to my boys.

How though, has our society come to such a place that they view our precious children as burdens and reject them, wanting material things and accumulation of money over children? From cover to cover, the Bible describes children as blessings. The more children you were gifted the better.


Satan has a plan and part of it is destroying the family unit.

Our media is full of joking about how annoying children are, not getting pregnant, and avoiding pregnancy like the plague. I see it everywhere. I even see it in the church. I've even had negative comments made to me about my family size in a church. 😳 I don't even think my family is that large. 😳 I have a few lovely friends with beautiful families larger than mine.

I've been guilty of it as well. It's easy just to go along with what is popular. The more I grow in Christ, the more aware I am and it really saddens me that our society views children as burdens, especially in the church!

Let's battle against the darkness, and view children the way God does!

Let's rise up against culture and reject Satan's lies!


For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.Ephesians 6:12

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord , The fruit of the womb is a reward.  Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth.  How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed When they speak with their enemies in the gate.
Psalms 127:3‭-‬5

God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
Genesis 1:28

Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
James 1:17

“Whoever receives one child like this in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me.”
Mark 9:37

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 18:10

Grandchildren are the crown of old men, And the glory of sons is their fathers.
Proverbs 17:6

He makes the barren woman abide in the house  As a joyful mother of children. Praise the Lord !
Psalms 113:9

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.  My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret,  And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;  Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
Psalms 139:13‭-‬16

#largefamilylife #largefamilymama #blessed #childrenareablessing #riseup

Comments

Popular Posts