Are You Enough to Homeschool Your Children?


I'm so thankful the Lord called me to homeschool our children 6 years ago.

I never in a million years thought that I could homeschool.

I was the hot mess mom who pulled up at the drop off line at the last minute in pajamas.

I was the mom who hated homework time and usually ended up yelling and frustrating both of us to tears.

I didn't go to college.

I was also the mom who cried when school started and felt unnatural being separated from my babies during the day.

But there was God calling me to pull them out and homeschool.

I took the leap of faith and never looked back.

Look at me now...


No, I'm not perfect and I never will be, but in following the Lord's calling in my life, He is transforming me into the woman He created me to be.

My children are happy, they have a love of learning, they are passionate about things, and most importantly they love and seek Jesus daily.

Satan loves to trick us into believing that we're not smart enough, not patient enough, or good enough to homeschool our own children.

He loves to trick us into believing someone else is better equipped to teach our God given children than us.

He loves to trick us into believing they need to go to a top college and make boucoos of money.

Don't believe those lies.

Trust in the One who blessed you with those precious babies. He has equipped you mama.

If they go to college so be it, but their character is far more important than their wallet and their love for Jesus is far more important than their job title. 

The more I grow in my faith, the more absurd those lies sound and the easier it is to ignore them.

Homeschooling has blessed our lives so tremendously.

You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
Deuteronomy 6:7

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

This post isn't to demean anyone's educational choices, but to encourage the mamas who are thinking about homeschooling or are already homeschooling. ❤❤❤

#homeschool #homeschoollife

Comments

Popular Posts